* MUSH & SKI *
In the spring months (April, May), the Jotunheimen lies white and majestic, inviting pow freaks and skiing enthusiasts for thrilling off piste free riding and randonee tours.
As motorized traffic is banned here, nature is pure an untouched. Approaching the mountains (with skis/spliboard/snowshoes) can be a long and time consuming task. With our 4-legged husky friends we have eliminated the long and exhausting walks and made this to an extraordinary adventure.
We move amongst the mountains during the late afternoon and set up camp close to the next days mountain. Evenings are used for preparation, and early morning we set out to the top. Normally we ski/snowboard during the mornings hrs when snow has settled during the night.
Two guides accompany the entire tour. A musher/camp manager and an expert free-ride mountain guide. Which mountains to summit, we decide as a group and after the skills and expertise of the participants, weather- and snow conditions.
Tours of two to six days available. Departures on request. Participants min. 4, max 8.
- Shared dog team tandem sleds (2 persons on each)
- All meals during the tour
- Accommodation in expedition tents
- A dog sledding guide with experience
- A skiing/back country/free ride guide with experience.
- Necessary permits
- All necessary camp-, safety- and expedition equipment.
Participants must have own freeriding/randonee equipment, incl avalache kit.
Prices & conditions
- Duration: 3-6 days
- Prices NOK: 15500,- (4 day tour) Other dates possible. Ask us for availability
- Departures: 2018: 29Apr-01May (4day/3night) / also on request (Spring tours: March, April and early May)
- Scheduled trips: 28 April - 1 May